The back room of the house had been split into two smaller rooms: an entryway used as a mudroom and a laundry room. The walls had a little termite damage, and we wanted to use the the original heart pine flooring from this room to patch other places in the house.
So this room saw some major design changes:
- Replaced the original flooring with a new painted white floor (and reused this original wood elsewhere)
- Removed the center wall dividing the two rooms and added a built-in closet
- Removed the wall that divided this room off from the house to open it up
- Replaced the side-by-side laundry machines with a new, built-in nook for a stackable washer/dryer set
- Painted white over the green bead board for a fresh, bright look
- Opened up the other side of the house with doorways